For as long as I can remember, I’ve been drawn to the past. As a young girl, having just read Frances Hodgson Burnett’s 1911 The Secret Garden, I recall the wondrous joy of exploring every nook and cranny of an old estate we’d just moved to and imagining the lives of those who came before. As I grew older and created my own life, I surrounded myself with “old things”—vintage clothing and jewelry, antique china, and spaces that harkened to an earlier era. I love “grandma” bouquets, period dramas, and historical biography and travel.
Bel Istoria—which loosely translates to “beautiful history”—is a curated venue for women like me who love history and romantic tradition. As our community grows in the coming months, we look forward to these offerings:
- An invitation-only artisan marketplace featuring curated, high quality home and lifestyle products—new and vintage.
- Love in Lost Times subscription boxes themed around period literature and drama
- Curated information on upcoming events, experiences, and educational opportunities
- Group forums on topics such as historical travel, vintage finds, period literature & drama, and historical home & garden
- A blog and newsletter on lively topics of interest to Bel Istorians
I hope you’ll accompany me on this journey to the past as we grow this venue over time. Welcome to Bel Istoria!